Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (17)

DoorQ.Com | Commander Adama is a Twink!

RSS Feed

Commander Adama is a Twink!

SyFy announced today that Luke Pasqualino, late of the third and fourth seasons of SKINS, has been signed to play young Commander William Adama in the upcoming BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME series.

EW reports:

Pasqualino will star as the young, talented fighter pilot William Adama, a recent Academy graduate who finds himself assigned to the newest Battlestar in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly finds himself at odds with Coker (Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 45 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Mostly unknown on this side of the Ocean, Pasqualino biggest role to date was as weedsmoking, skateboarding, laidback Freddie McClair ; in that long running series. He’ll next be seen in in THE APPARITION, a horror film also starring Tom Felton.

BLOOD AND CHROME begins shooting shortly. Expect the TV movie to premiere in the fall. If all goes well, a new series will debut in 2012.

Source: ‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ stars revealed: Here’s the new Adama — EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com

8 Comments

1. mm2 says
    January 26, 2011, 6:46 pm

Another role gone to a twink when a real man would have been a better choice. Real men are so much more interesting to watch on screen because they have had the chance to have more than one emotion at the same time.

Maybe these casting directors need to take in a few episodes of the new Hawaii Five-O. Not only can grown men act well, but Scott Caan and Alex O’Laughlin look damn fine with or without shirts on (see last Monday’s ep. for Scott Cann wearing nothing but board shorts, body fur, and attitude). Not that the sexual innuendo and flirting between the two is hard to watch either. v And, had anyone caught Law and Order UK, Jamie Bember was hot enough in a sleeveless flight suit, but in a suit and tie as a London DS he’s just as hot and vulnerable.

I suppose at some point they will begin casting guys who shave their faces daily as opposed to their bodies but until then, I’m going to be searching for a device that will add back the body hair on the guys that do get cast in series and movies.

2. January 26, 2011, 7:19 pm

Well, if they cast a bunch of bears as cylons, we could re-title the show BSG: Twinks vs. Bears. Don’t know how that will play out in the flyover states though.

3. sfdex says
    January 26, 2011, 7:38 pm

Yeah, he’s a twink, but we know that he’s going to grow into a real man. And honestly, if he can act, I don’t mind if he’s a twink. I trust the creative powers in the BSG universe enough to believe that they’re casting folks who can act. They understand the importance of having real people on screen. Remember back when Bamber and Sackhoff were first cast in BSG — everyone thought, oh, they’re just casting young hotties in the roles. But both of them turned in some amazing performances over the run of that show. I suspect that Pasqualino will do the same.

Ooh. Did I say that out loud? 😀

4. January 26, 2011, 8:19 pm

>After I read about Pasqualino being cast I did a quick Google search and found this same towel pic. Somehow I knew you’d find it, too!

I’m the DQM. That’s my job. :-)

>And honestly, if he can act, I don’t mind if he’s a twink.

Well I don’t mind that he’s a twink. Obviously. But I didn’t realize how young they were casting for Adama. I was expecting a bit more of the Bamber-build or that he’d look closer to the guy they used in Razor. But, his acting is pretty good on Skins, so I think the creatives cast well.

>He’s fresh out of the academy, young and cocky. Ahem. Cocky…. Move the towel; we’ll see just how cocky….

Just as long as we get to see the towel fights in the gang showers of the Galactica. And they can make it co-ed, too. That way everyone can have fun.

5. mm2 says
    January 27, 2011, 12:08 am

I live in a flyover state thanks. Its not all about bears, but men who are adult would be appreciated. I am well and truly tired of little boys and men who shave to look like boys mincing about on TV. If he’s gone through any sort of academy he’s at least 20. Let’s assume another 2 or 3 years for pilot training, that would make him mid 20’s at least. Unless they plan to seriously butch him up and let him at least get a 5 o’clock shadow, they may as well cast those frilly bits from the Twilight Saga. I’ve seen Skins, his acting was passable for what it was and he played 18 because he was 18.

I will admit Bear Star Galactica would be fun, for about 10 minutes. A steady diet of anything gets to be too precious for all but the most extreme fetishists. He may grow up to be a man at some point and not just be a bit of fey decoration, but I really think this attempt to appeal to Gossip Girl set is ruing what has been a fun channel to watch. They manged to wreck Being Human- thank all the gods for BBC America. They have a good thing with Haven, I can only hope they don’t recast with the 90210 crowd to make it more SyFy rather than Sci-Fi.

Maybe, I’m just a silly optimist but I’m hoping this trend to callow, forlorn youth is a trend that will die with the same speed as 3-D.

6. ouiji says
    January 30, 2011, 8:49 pm

I’m not sure what all the dislike is about, he looks pretty hairy in that photo with the towel I even see facial hair. About that five o’clock shadow you think will butch him up, I highly doubt we will see it as the Admiral was almost always clean shaven in BSG. This aside he looks like a young Adama looking at his bone structure his lips are slightly fuller than the Admiral’s were. I dare say his eyes are the wrong colour, nothing contacts can’t fix.

7. Anna says
    February 21, 2011, 1:21 pm

Yikeeeeeeeeeees Adama was such a layered person such complexity And now this ? This is your average USA show person. I am really disappointed
    When Adama looked like that in his younger years is totally unbelievable

8. soulster says
    June 6, 2014, 7:15 pm

I’m not sure how Luke will be doing BSG:B&C and The Musketeers…